25 May Recipe: Manx Queenies and Stilton
The Manx Queenie, or Queen Scallop, is one of the delicacies that one can savour on the Isle of Man. And once a year, the Isle of Man Queenie Fesitval is held to celebrate this delicate and savoury morsel that can be prepared in a variety of ways. Here’s one recipe that they have offered us to add to ManxVoice:
- 454g Manx Queenies
- 100g Stilton
- 250ml Double Cream
- 100ml White Wine
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for Cooking
- Place a frying pan on a high heat and add small amount of oil.
- Add Manx Queenies to the pan and cook quickly for 2-3mins.
- Place Manx Queenies in a dish , then place pan back on heat and add white wine.
- Reduce wine by half, add cream and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and crumble in stilton. Do not re-boil as it will split.
- Return Manx Queenies to the pan allow to heat back through, season to taste.
- Serve in a dish with crusty bread and salad.
That sounds really yummy, and you’re all welcome to try it. And, if you have a Queenie recipe you’re proud of, you can submit it to their Queenie Recipe competition for a chance to £100 worth of seafood.
The Queenie Festival starts on the 29th June this year. We’ll bring you more details closer to the event.