14 Feb Tempting Truffles
A simple valentine treat or just an elegant treat for the person you love, these rich smooth truffles are easy to make and will never fail to impress your loved one or any dinner party guests (or great for late night gluttony, lawsonesque style – silk dressing gown not mandatory!)
To Make approx 24 Chocolate Truffles depending on how big you like your balls!
500G Dark good quality chocolate
8 oz. Double Cream
25g Unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Cocoa Powder with Chilli
Flaked Almonds Desiccated coconut
- Finely chop chocolate and set aside in a heat proof glass bowl.
- Add cream to a saucepan and gently heat – do not boil! Take it off the heat as soon as you see bubbles poking their way through the cream at the side of the pan.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate & Butter. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add Vanilla, champagne or other flavourings at this point.
- Chill mixture for a few hours until the mixture is workable – it should have a lovely smooth, luxurious consistency
- Pour your coatings into separate bowls
- Use a spoonful of mixture and roll into a ball. While the mixture is still slightly melted, roll in the coating of your choice
- When rolled put on tray (that will fit in fridge!) line with baking paper.
- When all finished put in fridge until required – take out half an hour before required