The volume of both the exports and the imports of the United Kingdom has grown steadily in recent years. Principal British exports include machinery, automobiles and other transport equipment, electrical and electronic equipment (including computers), chemicals, and oil.
What is the UK’s main imports and exports?
Imports The top imports of United Kingdom are Gold ($65B), Cars ($47.3B), Crude Petroleum ($23.3B), Refined Petroleum ($20.9B), and Broadcasting Equipment ($16.7B), importing mostly from Germany ($86B), China ($63.6B), United States ($51B), Netherlands ($48.5B), and France ($38.2B).
What products does the UK import?
What does the United Kingdom import?
- People in the UK mainly import crude petroleum, cars, refined petroleum, packaged medicaments and computers.
- The UK’s main import partners are Germany, China, the Netherlands, France and Belgium-Luxembourg.
What products does the UK export?
From Us to the World – the UK’s Top Five Exports
- Crude oil – £20.0bn. …
- Pharmaceutical products – £26.3bn. …
- Electrical machinery – £27.7bn. …
- Cars – £32.7bn. …
- Mechanical machinery – £48.5bn.
What is UK’s biggest export?
The following is a list of the exports of the United Kingdom.
|#||Product||Value (in millions of USD)|
What does the UK import the most of?
Top 10 Import Goods
|HS Code||Import USD$|
|(84) Industrial Machinery||$84,159,197,374|
|(87) Motor Vehicles & Parts||$74,840,662,325|
|(85) Electrical Machinery||$61,743,008,574|
|(27) Oil & Mineral Fuels||$56,262,381,224|
What does the UK import food?
‘Fruit and vegetables’ has the largest trade deficit. In 2019 imports were £11.5 bn while exports were worth £1.3 bn, giving a trade gap of £10.2 bn.
3.4 UK trade in different food groups, 2019.
|2019||exports £billion||imports £billion|
|Dairy & eggs||2.0||3.3|
Does the UK import or export more?
The UK generally imports more than it exports meaning that it runs a trade deficit. A deficit of £156 billion on trade in goods was offset by a surplus of £127 billion on trade in services in 2021. The overall trade deficit was £29 billion in 2021.
Where does UK import products from?
Paste HTML to embed in website:
|United Kingdom Imports By Country||Value||Year|
What are the top 10 UK exports?
The 10 Biggest Exporting Industries in the UK
- Precious Metals Production in the UK. …
- Aircraft, Engine & Parts Manufacturing in the UK. …
- Motor Vehicle Manufacturing in the UK. …
- Pharmaceutical Preparations Manufacturing in the UK. …
- Petroleum Refining in the UK. …
- Crude Petroleum & Natural Gas Extraction in the UK.
Is the UK a rich country?
With a gross domestic product (GDP) of $2.83 trillion in 2019 and a population of more than 66 million, the United Kingdom has the sixth-largest economy after the U.S., China, Japan, Germany, and India.
What is the UK’s biggest industry?
The 10 Biggest Industries by Revenue in the UK
- Supermarkets in the UK. $207.0B.
- Pension Funding in the UK. $155.9B.
- Construction Contractors in the UK. $121.8B.
- Hospitals in the UK. $101.0B.
- Banks in the UK. $99.8B.
- New Car & Light Motor Vehicle Dealers in the UK. $98.4B.
- General Insurance in the UK. …
- Management Consultants in the UK.
What products are made in the UK?
Top 10 Products Made In The UK
- Chicken Tikka Masala: Despite popular belief this product wasn’t made in India, the traditional home of spice and curries… …
- Aston Martin: …
- Hotpoint tumble dryer: …
- Marmite: …
- Cavendish Pianos: …
- Guillotine: …
- Cadbury’s Dairy Milk: …
- Henry the Vacuum Cleaner:
What does Britain still manufacture?
Other important sectors of the manufacturing industry include food, drink, tobacco, paper, printing, publishing and textiles. Examples of major companies in these industries are Diageo, Unilever, Cadbury, Tate & Lyle, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, HarperCollins, and Reed Elsevier.