Who has sold the most records ever in the UK?
The biggest selling UK acts of all time
- Genesis. …
- 7) Rolling Stones. …
- 6) Pink Floyd. …
- 5) Elton John. …
- 4) Cliff Richard. Number Of Units Sold: 260 Million. …
- 3) Queen. Number Of Units Sold: 300 million. …
- 2) Led Zeppelin. Number Of Units Sold: 300 million. …
- 1) The Beatles. Number Of Units Sold: 1 billion.
What is the best-selling album in UK history?
The 10 best-selling albums of all time in Britain are:
- Queen – ‘Greatest Hits’
- Abba – ‘Gold: Greatest Hits’
- The Beatles – ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’
- Adele – ’21’
- Oasis – ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory’
- Michael Jackson – ‘Thriller’
- Pink Floyd – ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’
Who has most No 1 albums UK?
Acts with the most Number 1 albums on the Official UK Chart
- Most Number 1s on the Official Albums Chart.
- Beatles (15) It was always going to be the Fab Four top of the heap. …
- Elvis Presley (13) …
- Robbie Williams (13) …
- The Rolling Stones (13) …
- Madonna (12) …
- Bruce Springsteen (12) …
- David Bowie (11)
What are the top selling albums in the UK?
The UK’s Best-Selling Albums of All Time
- Queen – Greatest Hits.
- ABBA – Gold Greatest Hits. …
- Beatles – SGT Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. …
- Adele – 21. …
- Oasis – What’s the Story Morning Glory. …
- Michael Jackson – Thriller. …
- Pink Floyd – The Dark Side of the Moon. …
- Dire Straits – Brothers in Arms. …
Who is the most successful UK solo artist?
Robbie Williams has become the joint most successful solo act in UK album chart history after scoring his 13th number one, level with Elvis Presley.
Who is bigger Coldplay or Oasis?
But we weren’t the biggest band in the world; U2 and Coldplay – they’re bigger than Oasis.
Who has sold the most albums?
Top-selling artists worldwide from 1954 to 2016, based on certified sales (in millions)
|Characteristic||Units sales in millions|
Which album has sold the most copies?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller, estimated to have sold 70 million copies worldwide, is the best-selling album.
40 million copies or more.
|Genre||Pop, post-disco, funk, rock|
|Total certified copies (from available markets)*||show 49.2|
What is the fastest selling debut album in the UK?
X Factor winner Leona Lewis has set a new record for the fastest-selling debut in the UK, after her album Spirit sold over 375,000 copies during its first week of release. Lewis’s total outstrips the previous record, set by the Arctic Monkeys’ 2006 debut Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, by 12,000 copies.
What is the longest UK number one?
The longest unbroken run at number one is “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You” by Bryan Adams, which spent 16 consecutive weeks in 1991.
Who has the most #1 hits?
The Beatles have the most No. 1 hits of all time: 20.
What album has been in the UK charts the longest?
Queen have collectively the longest charting album with Greatest Hits (1089 weeks) as this includes the 106 weeks that The Platinum Collection charted for which includes the aforementioned album. ABBA are the only act to have a singular album chart for more than 1000 weeks with their album ABBA Gold.
What is the No 1 selling album of all time?
Worldwide, Thriller is still the best-selling album of all time with a whopping 47 million certified copies sold, six million ahead of Their Greatest Hits. We’ve compiled the top 25 best-selling albums worldwide, but it’s worth noting that there are many ways to count album sales.
Which Queen album sold the most?
Queen’s A Night At The Opera is the highest-selling album of the band. At press time in 2022, it has sold more than 11.5 million studio album copies worldwide. It means that the album is the best-selling studio album of Queen for now.